Training for staff & volunteers
Free tailored training for frontline staff and volunteers on Fuel Poverty and Affordable Energy in your local area is available, please contact the West Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator at Arun District Council to discuss: email@example.com
Who is the training for?
This course is primarily aimed at frontline staff, volunteers or community groups working with people who may be vulnerable to fuel poverty, these are:
• People on low incomes
• Older people, families with young children, and people with long term health problems or a disability
• People living in a cold home or a property that’s in a bad state of repair
What will you learn from the session?
- An understanding of fuel poverty issues and what you can do to help.
- Be able to identify people who are most vulnerable and recognise signs in the home.
- Be able to identify the health implications of fuel poverty.
- An understanding of home energy efficiency and money saving improvements.
- Sources of advice, help and financial assistance available to tackle and prevent fuel poverty.
- The knowledge to refer clients, or provide information for self-referrals, to services which can help.
- The knowledge to share information learnt at this session to other colleagues.