Training and events
LEAP Launch Events – Horsham and Worthing
Thank you for attending our launch events. Below are links to download the training shared at the events. If you were unable to attend and wish to find out more about the LEAP scheme, please use the training material below. If you would like to arrange training for your organisation, please contact Catherine Geoghegan using the details in the section below.
If would like an officer to attend an event or carry out free training on Fuel Poverty and Affordable Warmth in your area, please contact the West Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator – email@example.com
Who is the training for?
This course is primarily aimed at front-line staff, volunteers or community groups working with people who may be vulnerable to fuel poverty, these are:
• People on low incomes
• Older people, families with young children, and people with long term health problems or a disability
• People living in a cold home or a property that’s in a bad state of repair
What will you learn from the session?
- An understanding of fuel poverty issues and what you can do to help
- Be able to identify people who are most vulnerable and recognise signs in the home
- Be able to identify the health implications of fuel poverty
- An understanding of home energy efficiency and money saving improvements
- Sources of advice, help and financial assistance available to tackle and prevent fuel poverty
- The knowledge to refer clients, or provide information for self-referrals, to services which can help.
- The knowledge to cascade information learnt at this session to other colleagues
Why it is important…
If you have contact with these households you could help them out of fuel poverty. There are almost 31,000 fuel poor households in West Sussex.
You have a crucial role to play in identifying people who are vulnerable in cold weather and supporting them to access the help that’s available. A few words of advice from a trusted professional can make all the difference.