Priority service register
Priority Service Registers are free services provided by utilities, including energy and water suppliers, to customers who may have extra needs. You can receive services relevant to your situation if you:
- are of pensionable age
- are disabled or chronically sick
- have a long term medical condition
- have a hearing or visual impairment or additional communication needs
- live with a child under five.
You can also receive the service if you are in a vulnerable situation, for example you
- have mental health conditions that impact your understanding of your bills
- are unable to top-up your pre-payment meter due to injury
- need extra support for a limited period of time.
Services can include advance notice of power cuts, priority support in an emergency, identification or password schemes, help with accessing your pre-payment meter safely, a frequent meter reading service and provide billing information in an accessible format such as large print or braille.
To register, call your energy and water suppliers.
Southern Water: call 0800 027 0363 or visit www.southernwater.co.uk
South East Water: call 0333 000 2468 or visit www.southeastwater.co.uk/get-help
Portsmouth Water: call 0239 249 9666 or visit www.portsmouthwater.co.uk
Electricity network operators
UK Power Networks: call 0800 316 3105 or visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/priority
SSEN: call 0800 294 3259, Textphone: 0800 316 54 or visit www.ssen.co.uk/priorityservices