Emergency heater referral
Please note – professional referrals only. Requests will not be accepted directly from members of the public.
If your client has no working heating system, then they could benefit from the West Sussex Emergency Heater scheme. Eligible residents are loaned 1-2 oil-filled electric plug-in heater per household to help keep them warm. The heater is a stopgap until the client is able to have their central heating system repaired or replaced. Due to the high running costs of plug-in heaters, the heaters must not be used to supplement inadequate central heating.
To qualify for an emergency heater the client must be a homeowner or living in private rented accommodation in West Sussex with no working heating system.
- Provide signed consent to share their information OR you (the Referrer) record their consent and provide your signature as confirmation.
- In receipt of means tested benefit.
- OR, Net household income of less than £18,000 AND one of the following applies:
- Over 60 years old.
- Have at least one dependent child under 16 years of age.
- Suffer from a long term health condition worsened by living in a cold home.
The heater will be delivered on behalf of the West Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator within 2-3 working days from receipt of a fully completed referral form.
To request a heater you must get client consent and complete the heater form below by clicking the ‘Request a heater’ button. The application is then processed by the West Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordintor at Arun District Council, and delivery of the heater will be arranged by Age UK West Sussex Brighton and Hove.