Mid Sussex District Council
Home Energy Support
West Sussex Citizens Advice Home Energy Telephone Service
Mid Sussex residents can get FREE tailor-made home energy advice from the West Sussex Citizens Advice home energy telephone service. The telephone service is provided by Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice but covers all West Sussex. They can help with:
- Checking you are on the best tariff and look at ways to save you money
- Information on Local and National schemes to help keep you warm and well at home
- Helping you find funding for further energy saving and heating measures
- Support with energy and other household debts
- Signpost you to other relevant community services and schemes, and much more
Available to all housing tenures, owner occupied, private and socially rented homes.
To speak to one of their friendly advisors:
CALL: 01243 974063 (Monday to Friday 10am- 4pm)
*local call charges or mobile data use may apply, please check your provider. If you are unable to call or are worried about your mobile credit you can email and request a call back.
You can find out more and apply at: Citizens Advice West Sussex Energy Advice Service
Residents living on a low income or vulnerable to the cold may also be eligible for a free home energy visit. You could benefit from tailor made energy saving advice in your home and you could have FREE simple energy saving measures such as LED’s and draught proofing fitted.
LEAP is available to all housing tenures, Owner occupied, private and socially rented homes.
As part of your LEAP visits you could access additional community schemes including:
- HEART – replacement white good scheme – Apply through the LEAP services
- Boiler Scheme – provides emergency response assistance to owner occupied qualifying households to repair or replace broken or condemned boilers. Apply through the LEAP services. Funding is limited and may be withdrawn once the scheme has created capacity.
Visit the LEAP webpage for the most up to date information.
Age UK West Sussex Brighton and Hove
- Available across West Sussex
- Information and Advice line
- Welfare benefit and money advice
- Offers impartial local information and advice on a range of topics including money and housing advice, and referral into their winter home energy services
- For the over 50’s
Clients can call: 0800 019 1310
Monday – Friday 10am – 2pm
Energy Efficiency Schemes
For further information please visit the West Sussex Grants and Schemes page of the website.
Mid Sussex housing repairs and heating grants
Heating grants and housing repair and renovation loans
A Discretionary Safe, Suitable and Warm Homes Grant is available for disabled residents on low income to make improvements or repairs which reduce the risk of living at home. Repairs or replacement of boilers or storage heaters are included.
For more information, please contact the Housing Standards team on 01444 477292 or email: