Home > Advice in your area > Chichester District Council support
Home > Advice in your area > Chichester District Council support

Chichester District Council support

This page provides an overview of the home energy support schemes and services that Chichester residents can access.


Home Energy Support

West Sussex Citizens Advice Home Energy Telephone Service

Chichester residents can get FREE tailor-made home energy advice from the West Sussex Citizens Advice home energy telephone service. The telephone service is provided by Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice but covers all West Sussex. They can help with:

  • Checking you are on the best tariff and look at ways to save you money
  • Information on Local and National schemes to help keep you warm and well at home
  • Helping you find funding for further energy saving and heating measures
  • Support with energy and other household debts
  • Signpost you to other relevant community services and schemes, and much more

Available to all housing tenures, owner occupied, private and socially rented homes.

To speak to one of their friendly advisors:

CALL: 0800 145 6879 (Monday to Friday 10am- 4pm)

Email: energy@arunchichestercab.org.uk

You can find out more and apply at: Citizens Advice West Sussex Energy Advice Service



Residents living on a low income or vulnerable to the cold may also be eligible for a free home energy visit. You could benefit from tailor made energy saving advice in your home and you could have FREE simple energy saving measures such as LED’s and draught proofing fitted.

LEAP is available to all housing tenures, Owner occupied, private and socially rented homes.

As part of your LEAP visits you could access additional community schemes including:

  • HEART – replacement white good scheme – Apply through the LEAP services
  • Boiler Scheme – provides emergency response assistance to owner occupied qualifying households to repair or replace broken or condemned boilers. Apply through the LEAP services. Funding is limited and may be withdrawn once the scheme has created capacity.

Call: 0800 060 7567



Visit the LEAP webpage for the most up to date information.


Age UK West Sussex Brighton and Hove

  • Available across West Sussex
  • Information and Advice line
  • Welfare benefit and money advice
  • Offers impartial local information and advice on a range of topics including money and housing advice
  • For the over 50’s

Clients can call: 0800 019 1310

Monday – Friday 10am – 2pm

Energy Efficiency Schemes


There are specific grants and assistance available to eligable Chichester District Council residents you can visit the Housing financial assistance webpage to find out more.


For West Sussex grants visit West Sussex Grants and Schemes page of this website.



Chichester Housing repairs and heating grants

For the most up to date information on Energy Efficiency and heating grants for private rented and owner occupied homes visit the Chichester District Council website: Chichester District Council’s Housing financial assistance web

Housing Repairs: If you own your own property and have lived there for more than a year, it is your main residence, and you live on a low income you may qualify for Home Repairs Assistance. For the most up to date information visit Chichester District Council’s Housing financial assistance web page.

For social housing information visit Chichester District Council’ Housing web page or call 01293 438281.

Chichester District Council logo