Home > Advice in your area > Arun District Council support
Home > Advice in your area > Arun District Council support

Arun District Council support

This page provides an overview of the home energy support schemes and services that Arun District Council residents can access.


Home Energy Support


Wellbeing Home

Arun’s Wellbeing Home service is here to help you Keep Warm and Keep Well. The free, home energy service aims to make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and save you money.

If your home is cold and damp, if you are suffering from health problems, if you are worried about your heating bills, you could be eligible for a free Home Energy Visit from our friendly qualified energy experts.

The service is available to homeowners and private rented properties.

CALL: 01903 737862 or to make an online referral.

More information is available on the Arun Wellbeing Home web page.

West Sussex Citizens Advice Home Energy Telephone Service

Arun residents can get FREE tailor-made home energy advice from the West Sussex Citizens Advice home energy telephone service. The telephone service is provided by Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice but covers all West Sussex. They can help with:

  • Checking you are on the best tariff and look at ways to save you money
  • Information on Local and National schemes to help keep you warm and well at home
  • Helping you find funding for further energy saving and heating measures
  • Support with energy and other household debts
  • Signpost you to other relevant community services and schemes, and much more

Available to all housing tenures, owner occupied, private and socially rented homes.

To speak to one of their friendly advisors:

CALL: 01243 974063 (Monday to Friday 10am- 4pm)

Email: energy@arunchichestercab.org.uk

 *local call charges or mobile data use may apply, please check your provider. If you are unable to call or are worried about your mobile credit you can email and request a call back.

You can find out more and apply at: Citizens Advice West Sussex Energy Advice Service



Residents living on a low income or vulnerable to the cold may also be eligible for a free home energy visit. You could benefit from tailor made energy saving advice in your home and you could have FREE simple energy saving measures such as LED’s and draught proofing fitted. LEAP is available to all housing tenures, Owner occupied, private and socially rented homes.

As part of your LEAP visits you could access additional community schemes including:

  • Warmer Homes – First time central heating grants with gas connection funding. Tenants and owner occupied.
  • HEART – replacement white good scheme – Apply through the LEAP services
  • ECHO (Emergency Central Heating Offer) – provides emergency response assistance to qualifying households to repair or replace broken or condemned boilers. Apply through the LEAP services. Funding is limited and may be withdrawn once the scheme has created capacity.

Please note Covid restrictions may limit the availability of some of these services.

Call: 0800 060 7567

Email: support@applyforleap.org.uk

Visit the LEAP webpage for the most up to date information.


Energy Efficiency Schemes

The below schemes are available in Adur and Worthing – eligibility criteria apply. For further information click on the name of the scheme to find out more on the West Sussex Grants and Schemes page of the website.

Local Authority Delivery Scheme (LAD)– Green Home Grant – Warmer Homes 

  • Do you have a household income under £30,000?
  • Does your home have a low EPC
  • Could you benefit from a package of energy efficiency improvements?
  • Available to owner occupied and private rent tenants.

Local Authority Flexibility– LA Flex 

  • Funding available for insulation measures such as cavity, solid wall, and loft insulation , as well as certain heating improvements such as storage heaters and boilers.
  • Eligibility based of income, health and household vulnerability to the cold. It is not but not benefit dependent.
  • Available to owner occupied and private rent tenants.

Energy Company Obligation – ECO 

  • Funding available for insulation measures such as cavity wall and loft insulation and solid wall insulation
  • Eligibility criteria vary across those energy suppliers who run a scheme but if you are on certain benefits and need better insulation or heating you could qualify for financial support for these improvement.
  • Available to owner occupied and private rent tenants.


Housing repairs and heating grants

Heating grants

Discretionary Safe Suitable and Warm Homes Grant: Applicants must be on a low income and have a health condition. This scheme is subject to a financial means test to determine eligibility. Contact the Wellbeing home service to find out more call 01903 737862 or to make an online referral.

Arun do not offer any housing repair assistance loans grant at this time.

For the most up to date information on Arun’s schemes and other support for private sector housing visit Arun District Council’s energy efficiency web page.

For private rented tenants you can find further information at: Arun District Council – private rented accommodation

For social housing information visit Arun District Council’s Housing web page or call 01903 737500.

Arun District Council logo
Skip to content