Emergency heater scheme
Please note – professional referrals only. Requests will not be accepted directly from members of the public.
If your client has no working heating system, then they could benefit from the West Sussex Emergency Heater scheme. Eligible residents are provided with one oil-filled plug-in heater per household to help keep them warm and well. The heater is a stopgap until the client is able to have their central heating system repaired or replaced. Due to the high running costs of plug-in heaters, the heaters must not be used to supplement inadequate central heating.
To qualify for an emergency heater the client must be a homeowner or living in private rented accommodation in West Sussex with no working heating system
- Provide signed consent to share their information OR you (the Referrer) record their consent and provide your signature as confirmation.
- In receipt of means tested benefit OR
- Net household income of less than £18,000 AND one of the following applies:
- Over 60 years old
- Have at least one dependent child under 16 years of age
- Suffer from a long term health condition worsened by living in a cold home
The heater will be delivered on behalf of the West Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator by Dial-a-Hubby within 3-5 working days from receipt of a fully completed referral form. The client is required to pay £1 toward the cost of the radiator to Dial-A-Hubby on delivery.
To request a heater, please submit an online referral here.
If you are unable to use the e-form above, you can download a form from here. Please complete and return the form as per instructions on the form.